NOTE: Any employment with the University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
Organic Chemistry Faculty Position
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Kansas is seeking exceptional candidates for a tenure-track position in Organic Chemistry at the assistant professor level expected to begin as early as August 18, 2013. The successful candidate will help to realize the Department's goal of strengthening research expertise in the area of chemical synthesis related to drug discovery/development. The University of Kansas is especially interested in hiring faculty members who can contribute to four key campus-wide strategic initiatives: (1) Sustaining the Planet, Powering the World; (2) Promoting Well-Being, Finding Cures; (3) Harnessing Information, Multiplying Knowledge; and (4) Building Communities, Expanding Opportunities. Please visit the Strategic Initiatives page for more information.
A desire to effectively teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels is expected and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests is required. A competitive salary will be offered that is commensurate with experience. A Ph.D. or ABD in chemistry or closely related field is expected by start date of appointment and postdoctoral experience is desirable. For a complete announcement and to apply on-line, go to Employment Opportunites and search for position 00002395. Submit application cover letter, CV, a list of three referees, and a 2-page teaching philosophy statement/expertise/and interests on-line. The following information: a brief summary of 2-3 research proposals (2 pages each) and three letters of recommendation should be sent separately to: Elaine Knight, Organic Search Committee Coordinator, Department of Chemistry, Malott Hall, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045 (785-864-5206). Review of applications will begin October 1, 2011, and will continue as long as needed to identify a qualified pool. EO/AA Employer.
Posting Details for this position (00002395)
The Chemistry Department at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit online applications to the Lecturer Pool to be considered for either part-time to full time temporary teaching positions as they are needed.
- Title: Lecturer
- Starting Date: The date will vary as the need arises and the dates will coincide with the beginning of the academic calendar. Fall appointments begin in August, spring appointments in January and summer appointments in June.
- Type of Appointment: One semester, renewable, subject to review and funding. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Salary: Approximately $5,000 to $8,000 per semester, based on teaching experience, educational level, size and level of the course.
- FTE: Part-Time to Full Time
- Duties: Teach appropriate curricula, write and grade exams for curricula. Classes range from 100 level General Chemistry to 600 level Organic Chemistry classes. Lecturer must abide by department, College and University policies and procedures.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related Physical Science/Engineering.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous teaching experience in university/college setting.
- Contact Person: Bev Johnson; email@example.com, University of Kansas, Chemistry Department, Malott Hall, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Rm 2010, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-1203.
- Application Procedures: Application, curriculum vitae, and three references are to be submitted on line. To apply, go to Employment Opportunities and search for position number 0003212.
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The University of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University encourages applications from underrepresented group members. Federal and state legislation prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, and veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, martial status and parental status.
The Post-Doc Application Pool
A pool of applications for post-doctoral positions is continuously maintained.
The Chemistry Department invites qualified Ph.D. chemists to submit applications to their ongoing Postdoctoral Pool. The pool will be reviewed by individual faculty members for consideration of research positions in any of the following fields: Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, and Science Education. Follow this link to see a list of faculty members and their research opportunities.
For complete description and to apply go to www.employment.ku.edu/job-searches and:
- Click on "External" or "Internal applicants" tab.
- 2. Click on “Search for jobs at KU - (Alternative ADA compliant page)”
- Enter “chemistry” in the keyword box
- Select “Anytime” in the “Posted” box
- Click on “Search”
- Look for the job opening ID number of 1018.
- Click on the “Posting Title" (Post Doctoral Researcher POOL-Chemistry)
- Review the Job Description
- Click on “Apply Now” to apply
- Login if you are registered
- Register if necessary
- Click on “Register Now”
- Enter username and password (twice)
- Select “I Agree”
- Click on “Register”
- Select “Upload a new resume”, Click “Continue”
- Combine your resume and cover letter into one PDF document and upload it.
- Complete the application
- List references on the application form.
- Consult the “Instructions” page for additional help.